Gates Cambridge Scholarships (Fully-funded Masters & PhD) in UK 2022/2023 for International Students.
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships programme aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
Type: Masters, PhD
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD. However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
- already a Gates Cambridge Scholar and want to apply for a second Scholarship. You must apply by the second, international deadline and go through the same process of departmental ranking, shortlisting and interviewing as all other candidates.
Number of Scholarship: Several
Value of Scholarship
- Scholarship will cover the full cost of study
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate
- a maintenance allowance for a single student
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the programme
How to Apply: Apply Here
Important Notes: Gates Cambridge Scholarships are extremely competitive: over 4,000 applicants apply for 90 Scholarships each year.
Given the intense competition, the Trust has a four stage selection process:
- Departmental ranking – the very best applicants to each department are ranked on academic merit only
- Shortlisting – Gates Cambridge committees review the applications of ranked candidates using all four Gates Cambridge criteria and put forward a list for interview
- Interview – all shortlisted candidates have a short interview to assess how they meet all four Gates Cambridge criteria
- Selection – chairs of interview panels meet to decide the final list of Scholars
- A good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.