Application for the GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship for UAE Students in UK – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the University of Sheffield in UK.
The program is a highly competitive award that will cover the half fee of the winner. To be a lucky candidate, you must be a new student joining the University in 2021 from a GEMS institution in the United Arab Emirates. The University of Sheffield will award one GEMS Undergraduate Merit Scholarship in 2021. This support will contribute to covering 50% of your tuition fee.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, England. It was opened in 1897 and gained its royal charter in 1905. It provides undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a variety of subjects.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
GEMS MERIT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applicants come from a GEMS institution in the United Arab Emirates.
- Applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Must be currently studying at a GEMS institution in the United Arab Emirates.
- Must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree program at the University of Sheffield before you can apply for this application
- Your degree/foundation program must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2021. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree program split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes, you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student.
- You must enter a degree program at the University of Sheffield in program year one or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes, all March program are considered as postgraduate taught program and are not eligible for any undergraduate financial aid.
- Entry requirement varies from one course to another.
- Must require a minimum score for entry in undergraduate courses is IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
GEMS MERIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- If you have received an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree program at the University of Sheffield, then you can win this application by using the online form which is called ‘2021 International Undergraduate merit awards’ and is accessed via MUSE.
Application must include:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before May 17, 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.