Gender Specialist (2SCALE Kenya) Job at International Fertilizer Development Center… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Fertilizer Development Center.
- Ensure women’s inclusion in PPPs and participation in Agribusiness Clusters.
- Help build relevant technical skills for women to increase their production and income.
- Prepare training materials and work as a trainer in areas related to agribusiness in all regular training topics of the champion.
- Support Partnership Facilitators and Agribusiness Cluster Coaches to deliver gender training and report on training activities.
- Support and facilitate women’s entrepreneurship and leadership development in 2SCALE partnerships.
- Support linkages with financial institutions and other actors targeting women in relevant value chains. Based on country context, support/promote savings and lending associations as a starting point to financial access and inclusion.
- Support private sector development and engagement with women entrepreneurs to promote and distribute products in BoP markets.
- Support women’s participation in governance meetings.
- Support the country portfolio and Partnership Facilitators (PFs) orientation on Gender & WEE.
- Advise country-based Partnership Facilitators on key issues and improvements on interventions and their implications on 2SCALE GEE & WEE agenda based on market dynamics and emerging trends.
- Support Partnership Facilitators on their relations with different actors in the respective countries and other thematic areas.
- Support 2SCALE teams to facilitate market-relevant and female-friendly training on social and business development and technical skills; consistently identify further capacity gaps by the Business Champion and women that may hinder the formation of concrete linkage, trusting and sustainable working relationship between women entrepreneurs and Business Champions.
- Ensure GE &WEE country-specific activity plans are aligned with other 2SCALE thematic areas.
- Provide required support to Business Champion & stakeholder PPP:
- Promote good and strategic relationships between Business Champions, women agribusiness actors, and 2SCALE in-country consortium partners.
- Master’s degree/Bachelor’s degree in Gender or Women Studies, Gender, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Business Studies, Economics Studies, Agricultural Sciences, Agribusiness, or Agricultural Economics.
- Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years of work experience in entrepreneurship in agro-processing and gender mainstreaming.
- Experience in leading, supporting, managing, inspiring and coaching staff with different disciplines and backgrounds.
- A good understanding of the cultural barriers affecting women’s efficacy and agency in developing countries.
How to Apply
Interested and suitable applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 12th November 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.