The General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNCZ) is the Zambia Nursing Council responsible for registration and administering license examinations to nurses wishing to practice in Zambia.
Successful nurses at the license examinations are issued licenses and the approval to practice either in private or work for the government.
Registrations & Requirements
To be accepted into the General Nursing Council of Zambia, you must meet the basic requirements. These requirements are;
Locally Trained Nurses
The requirements for registration are as follows:
- Two (2) passport size photos in natural hair, means that no hair extensions
- Original documents of Grade 12 certificate, National Registration Card and Marriage Certificate for those who are married.
- Certified photocopies of Grade 12 certificate, National Registration Card and Marriage Certificate.
- Registration fee
- Basic Nursing programmes – Registered Nurses, Registered Mental Health Nurses @ K680.00 ; Certified Midwives @ 630.00; Enrolled Nurses @ K630.00.
- Post basic Nursing programmes – Registered Midwives @ K630.00, Enrolled Midwives, Operating Theater Nurses and Clinical Instructor Nurses @K720.00.
- Internship Checklist K90.00 (For Certified Midwives only)
- Professional code of conduct K40.00.
- The Nurses and Midwives Act K30.00.
- Professional Regulatory Framework K30.00.
- Lamination and photocopying K 15.00.
- CPD log book K50.00
- Badge K70.00
- New registration Application Form
Foreign Trained Nurses
The following are the requirements for registration with the General Nursing Council of Zambia as a Foreign-Trained Nurse (FTN);
- Download an Application Form
- Certified copies of High School Certificates or diplomas or their equivalent.
- Certified copies of professional qualifications such as Certificates, Diplomas, Degree whichever may be applicable.
- A copy of the updated Curriculum vitae
- A certified copy of a National Passport
- A certified copy of an academic transcript where applicable.
- A copy of the registration certificate with the local regulatory body in your home country.
- A certified copy of the Practicing License of Practicing Certificate whichever is applicable.
- 2 passport-size photos in natural hair without make-up or jewelry.
- Bring the original certificate when coming to be re-registered.
Completed Application Forms should be forwarded to:
General Nursing Council of Zambia
Plot 171 Luanshya Road
P. O. Box 33521
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
NOTE: The General Nursing Council of Zambia conducts examinations bi-annually to qualified nurses and midwives to practice. The examinations are held in May/June and November/December sessions, as such, you have to start preparing on time.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.