Head of Finance Job at icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health.
- Ensure that all financial transactions of the Centre are recorded, and that the supporting original documentation is accessible. Provide overall supervision of the processes of recording, classifying, and summarizing of financial transactions. Provide necessary approvals for transactions and processes within set policies and procedures.
- Determine cost structures and the cost of various services in support of full cost recovery. Review and approve accounting integrating factors that ensure the integrity of accounting records and the accounts prepared therefrom. These include – income determination, staff time allocations, bank reconciliations, schedule of receivables and payables, exchange rate computations, schedule of
- sub-grant balances, inter-unit transactions, current account balances, adjusting journal entries and completeness of overheads recovery.
- Supervise staff and ensure that systems of internal controls are in operation to safeguard financial assets of the Centre and ensure that records are accurate and in accordance with laid out policies and procedures.
- Oversee preparation of periodic donor financial reports and other accountability financial statements in line with agreements and set policies. Provide timely and accurate analysis of the results through budget variances, financial trends and identify potential problem areas. Prepare presentations of the Centre’s financial position for Senior Management and Project Leaders.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable financial regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting and requisite filing of financial information in all jurisdictions where the Centre operates. Approve and sign off donor financial reports. Coordinate activities of auditors for the Centre and project audits
- and ensure that compliance issues are met.
- Oversee the preparation of Centre’s annual budget and medium-term financial projections. Manage the continuous generation of project budgets in support of project proposals. Ensure optimal costing of project budgets in line with the full cost recovery framework.
- Provide support to other business support units in financial related matters. Provide support to enhance financial performance through the continuous development and improvement of supporting
- financial and management information systems for the Centre, ERP systems, project costing, mapping of accounts codes and analysis codes.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with project managers, identify their financial needs and deliver enhanced business solutions.
- Represent the Centre externally to government agencies and funding agencies. Serve on tender, planning and policy-making committees. Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate Finance Unit staff.
- A Degree in Finance or Accounting, and professional accounting qualification – CPA, ACCA, CA.
- Ten years of relevant experience with evidence of evolution, transformation and accumulation of responsibilities in senior-level finance and accounting, some of which has been gained in non-profit environment.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.