Health Committee Internship at Council of Governors…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Council of Governors.
The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter – county consultations; encourage and initiate information sharing on the performance of County Governments with regard to the execution of their functions; collective consultation on matters of interest to County Governments.
To enable the Council achieve its mandate and vision, the Council wishes to recruit an Intern to support the Health Committee at the Council:
Scope of Assignments
Support the Health Committee in streamlining county activities in the Health sector for effective service delivery.
The specific duties and responsibilities will include:
- Assist in researching and developing position papers for the committee in relation to all devolved functions of health
- Assist in coordination of engagements for the health committee in consultation with the director of health services.
- Collection, compilation and management of health related data generated from the Counties on key emerging issues.
- Assist in establishing the current Bills before National Assembly, Senate and County
- Assemblies on matters affecting health services;
- Assist in monitoring the media coverage and generate briefs on matters related to the health function;
- Working closely with the Health Technical Advisors in advising COG on matters related to all devolved health functions ;
- Ensure easy access to Health updates, reports, and ensuring that the relevant parties have updated information
- Ensure timely execution of COG Health Committees activities through regular follow ups
- Support in organizing and coordinating committee meetings and preparing agendas
- Prepare Reports on progress and achievements to the Committee as guided by the health committee annual work plan
- Maintain and provide access to statutory registers and information required from time to time.
- Undertake any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
The Assignments will be task managed by the Council of Governors Health Committee supervised by and reporting to the Director Health Services.
Duration of the assignment
The internship duration is for a period of six (6) months.
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Public Health, Medical Laboratory, Bachelor of Food Science & Nutrition, Health Services Management, Nursing, Clinical Medicine, Pharmacy or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Certificate in Computer applications.
- Experienced in undertaking comprehensive research;
- Outstanding Interpersonal, analytical and communication skills;
- Ability to follow deadlines, accuracy and attention to detail;
- A high level of computer literacy and proficient in written and spoken English and
- Kiswahili; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 1 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.