Application for the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation Scholarships for Young Journalists In Germany – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Heinz-Kühn-Foundation in Germany.
The foundation awards scholarships to young journalists from North-Rhine-Westphalia for six-– reporting trips in developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The scholarship will provide the following: a lump-sum contribution towards living expenses in the host country (with scholarship payments covering training and living expenses in the host country), a lump-sum allowance for flight and travelling expenses (the foundation pays a return air ticket for candidates from abroad), an allowance to cover costs of research materials (e.g. literature), and an allowance for trips within the host country.
In order to promote the training and further education of young journalists, the Heinz-Kühn-Stiftung awards six-week or three-month scholarships for stays abroad in Africa, Asia, and Latin America to young journalists from North Rhine-Westphalia. At the same time, the foundation finances up to six-month stays for journalists from Africa, Asia, and Latin America in North Rhine-Westphalia.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HEINZ-KÜHN-FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International students are eligible to apply.
- Undergraduate degree program in any field.
- Be a first-year international applicant. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- Attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the U.S.
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- All the applicants of an undergraduate degree program should have a high school diploma.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
HEINZ-KÜHN-FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- There is no formal application for this scholarship. All the candidates will automatically be selected for this award after successfully being registered on an eligible study programme by the deadline.
Application must include:
- curriculum vitae in tabular form and a photograph
- certificates of vocational training and present occupation
- foreign languages certificates
- German candidates should provide a detailed statement explaining their reasons for applying, their choice of host country and the proposed topic of research.
- Candidates from abroad should provide a letter of motivation in German.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before February 1, 2022 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.