Application for the HHMI Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute in USA.
The goal of HHMI’s Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study program is to ensure that a diverse and highly trained workforce is prepared to assume leadership roles in science, particularly college and university faculty who have the responsibility to develop the next generation of scientists. The fellowship programme will cover all the following study benefits: Compensation for the 2022–2023 fellowship year is $50,000. This includes an annual Fellow stipend of $33,000 an institution allowance (in lieu of tuition and fees) of $10,000 a Fellow’s discretionary allowance of $4,000 for professional, career and personal development, including mental and emotional health and well-being and an Adviser allowance of $3,000 to support activities aimed at addressing challenges to diversity and inclusion at the graduate level.
HHMI is a science philanthropy whose mission is to advance biomedical research and science education for the benefit of humanity.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HHMI GILLIAM FELLOWSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- International Students are eligible for these fellowships.
- HHMI’s Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study are open to eligible pairs comprising thesis advisors and PhD students (“advisor-student pairs”).
- Advisor-student pairs from eligible disciplines must be nominated by the HHMI-designated institutional representative; and
- PhD students must be NIGMS training grant eligible, be from racial, ethnic, and other underrepresented groups in the sciences, or Alumni of the HHMI EXROP and be at the appropriate program stage of their PhD training.
- The Gilliam Fellowships for Advanced Study will support students for up to three years of their dissertation research, typically in years 3-5 of their PhD studies.
- The advisor-student pairs must be studying scientific problems in biomedical and life science disciplines including plant biology, evolutionary biology, biophysics, chemical biology, biomedical engineering, and computational biology.
- Students enrolled in an MD/PhD program (i.e., Medical Scientist Training Program) are not eligible.
- Students can provide evidence that they have successfully completed studies where the medium of the study was English, or they can provide evidence of their English proficiency.
HHMI GILLIAM FELLOWSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- All applicants must be directly contact to Gilliam-at-hhmi.org for the application process of this funding opportunity.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before December 9, 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.