Application for the HONNIF Scholarships for Students of Kaduna State in Nigeria – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation in Nigeria.
The main purpose of this programme is to provide financial assistance for 2500 eligible students who want to apply for the undergraduate and Higher National Diploma degree program. The Award is worth N30, 000.00 (Thirty thousand naira) per student for the duration of an academic session. Upon award, it will be renewed subject to a minimum “CGPA equivalent of Second Class, Lower Division” for university students and “Upper Credit” for polytechnics students.
The Hope for Northern Nigeria Foundation (HONNIF) was founded in May 2010 in Abuja and as part of its focus on the advancement of education in Northern Nigeria. HONNIF organizes a leadership values summit, holding annual lectures on good governance, conflict resolution and peacebuilding, settlement of school fees for the less privilege across the north.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
HONNIF SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students of Kaduna State are eligible to apply for this award
- Only candidates who were admitted into Agriculture, Arts, Biological Sciences, Administration, Dentistry, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences & Technology, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Veterinary Medicine courses in public universities and polytechnics are eligible to apply for the opportunity
- Must be an indigene of Kaduna State
- Offer of admission into a full-time degree or HND programme in a public university or polytechnic
- Satisfy the minimum requirement for registration in the institution and the department or faculty as a full-time student
- Credit in 5 “O” level papers including English and Mathematics at not more than two sittings
- Must not be more than 27 years of age by the date of entry into the university or polytechnic
- For taking admission, applicants must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
HONNIF SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Qualified and interested candidates should visit https://www.honnif.com/scholarship.html click on Apply Now and follow the instructions for the completing of the online application. Candidates should also download the Parents/Guardian Attestation Form B for completion and also take an online test.
Application must include:
- Three passport photographs (each measuring 2 inches x 2 inches)
- Certificate of State of Origin/Indigenization
- Birth Certificate
- JAMB Result Slip
- Original copy of admission letter from JAMB and the Institution
- Evidence of fees payment and faculty/departmental registration
- Valid Student’s Identification Card
- WAEC or NECO senior secondary school examination result(s)
- Semester result(s)
- A letter of reference from a community leader
- Completed Parent/Guardian Attestation Form B
- Personal Contact details (including email address)
- Alternative phone numbers
- Contact details of Next of Kin (including email address)
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 19, 2021 will be considered.