Human Resources Business Partner at UN Women… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at UN Women.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization’s goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women.
- Monitor and lead proper implementation of HR policies, guidelines, practices and Standard Operating Procedures in the region and provide advice, when necessary;
- Provide technical contributions on HR strategic planning/discussions on the direction of human resource services, goal setting and annual work planning.
Provide guidance and support to managers and staff in the Regional Office (RO) and Country Offices (COs) in the region on issues related to HR, including attraction and recruitment, benefits and entitlements, and separation
- Provide current and prospective staff with timely guidance on recruitment and contract policies, general conditions of services and business orientation;
- Ensure effective oversight of SSAs and Service Contractors, NPSAs and IPSAs in the region, in line with relevant policies;
- In collaboration with HQ-HR respond and address audit recommendations in the area of Human Resources and track implementation of the audit recommendations;
- Ensure smooth and effective coordination with outsourced service providers of administration of appointments and related benefits/entitlement management for local support staff;
- Oversee the administration of contracts, benefits and entitlements and other related HR administrative matters at the Regional Offices and Country Offices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, Organizational Development, Public Administration, or relevant social sciences is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management;
- Experience in recruitment and selection, benefits administration, and workplace relations are required;
- Minimum 3 years work experience internationally;
- Field experience is an asset;
- Experience as a HR Business Partner is an advantage;
- Experience in leading a team.
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 5th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.