Human Resources Officer at Karuri Water & Sanitation…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Karuri Water & Sanitation.
Karuri Water and Sanitation Company took over two boreholes which were being operated by Karuri Town Council but only one was operational. The borehole was serving Karuri and Banana areas. The company started operations on 1st June 2008 with its offices located behind the original Karuri Market location on your way to Karuri High School. Karuri Water and Sanitation Company is one of the agents of Athi Water Services Board.
Reporting to the Managing Director, She/he shall be responsible for coordinating the implementation of Company policies, overall management and coordination of Human Resources and Administration functions such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, trainings and employee services which ensuring all staff have a conducive working environment for personal career growth.
Key Performance Areas
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital and nurture a positive working environment
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Coordinating the implementation and or review of the Human Resource policies and procedures, terms and conditions of employment;
- Managing disciplinary and grievances processes in accordance with Human Resource policy procedures manual and incompliance with the legal requirements;
- Providing advisory and manage recruitment process, oversee the placement, contraction and induction of new staff;
- Guiding line Managers to conduct staff performance appraisals effectively
- Managing the company’s remuneration including payroll administration, Staff Medical Insurance Scheme and ensure conformity to all statutory requirement;
- Maintaining harmonious industrial relations with the Staff Union; lead the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) negotiations and manage implementation of the same;
- Implementing and/or supporting the Company’s staff change management initiatives and acting as the internal human resources consultant on various matters as may be required from time to time by line managers;
- Ensuring the Company’s training and development plans are prepared in time and appropriate training initiatives are developed in line with the training calendar;
- Ensuring the staff leave utilization is effectively managed, accurately tracked and appropriate recommendations made
- Overseeing administrative services such as office services, registry and company premises and renovations;
- Organizing Corporate Management Team (CMT) and general staff meeting and take minutes; and
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Undertaking such other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to
Skills, Knowledge & Other Job Requirements
- Holds a Degree in Human Resources Management
- Must be a member of Institute of Human Resources Management
- Must have CHRP-K
- At least 5 years work experience in a relevant field, at least four of which at senior managerial level;
- Be proficient in computer; and
- Have a demonstrated merit and shown ability as reflected in work performance.
Method of Application
Applicants shall show evidence of compliance with the Constitutional Requirements by submitting clearance certificates from;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption commission;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Credit Reference Bureau;
- Criminal Investigation Department; and
- Kenya Revenue
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected] , [email protected] or [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 7 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.