Index Development Project Consultant Job at UN-Habitat… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at UN-Habitat.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. The Urban Economy Branch of UN-Habitat has the mandate to promote local capabilities of local governments to develop financial instruments to keep pace with the demands of rapid urbanization.
- Implement workplan 2022 and draft the work plan 2023 of the UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and facilitate the implementation of the work plan according to the proposed timeline.
- Advice (Guide) the development of the draft UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index framework, including conducting research and analyses on and for the Index, providing inputs to the technical discussions and assisting with the drafting of the technical documents.
- Work together with the data experts to collect data, process and test the UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index in selected pilot cities.
- acilitate the technical exchange between the UN-Habitat team on UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and the Chinese partners team, Organise relevant technical workshops, seminar, expert group meetings to enhance programme promoting.
- Provide guidance on the collaboration between the UN-Habitat team and other internal and external stakeholders, including UN-Habitat Regional Programme Division and the Chinese counterparts.
- Implement the research on the potential interlinked activities between UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index and Shanghai Award and SDG Cities Flagship Programme, etc.
- Advise on SAI relevant workshops, knowledge exchange, promotion and publicity events related to UMF – Shanghai Adapted Index, not limited to the releasing outcome on WCD 2022.
- Contribute to the connection of the work of the Data and Analytics Unit with the timely implementation of the UMF- Shanghai Adapted Index.
- Jointing and contribution to drafting and finalizing the Research report.
- A master’s degree in urban studies, statistics, mathematics, demography, economics, actuarial sciences, environmental sciences, monitoring and evaluation, or any other closely related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with 2 additional years of qualifying experience in the fields of report writing, scientific writing, data management, quantitative research or monitoring may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressive work experience in data analytics, indices, development of methodologies for measurement frameworks, research on a broad range of urban and human settlements issues or any closely related area is required.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication among teams is required.
- Familiarity of the UN system, including experience working in international settings is desirable.
- Some level of knowledge of and experience working with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) or the New Urban Agenda is highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in organising technical workshops or publicity events is desirable.
- Proven experience in working in teams, creativity, taking responsibility for project completion, delivering under tight deadlines is desirable.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 15th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.