Indian Specialty Chef (CDP) Job at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
The Fairmont Norfolk is a historic hotel in Nairobi, Kenya and is owned by the luxury hotel chain, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. The hotel has 170 rooms, 4 restaurants, and consists of 5 main blocks, each ranging from 1 to 2 stories high. The hotel has a signature Tudor style of architecture that has been maintained since its original construction.
- Career development opportunities with national and international promotion opportunities.
- Working on the Indian curry range producing Curries and kebabs from the North West Frontier Cuisine.
- Assist in other sections of the kitchen.
- Knowledge of Tandoor is an added advantage
- Kitchen maintenance and cleaning, following food safety requirements
- Maintaining and ordering stocks and supplies
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
Your experience and skills include:
- You are a proactive, energetic individual with strong management and technical capabilities. With an avid interest in the latest trend and developments, you are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- The kitchen takes care of Punjabi, Awadhi and Mughlai food preparations (Curry and Tandoor) – vegetarian and non vegetarian
- We give you the opportunity to reach your goals and be at your personal best.
While we hire for talent and train the skills, it helps if you have:
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent an asset
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.