Industry Advisory IC5 at Microsoft…See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Microsoft.
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world driven by the 4th industrial revolution where today’s students will need to have digital literacy and new skills to thrive in the digital economy. As we face a new world of work, changing economies, preparing education institutions to build future leaders has never been more vital to society.
Lead and orchestrate team to work across all Education accounts to enable a customer-centric approach, that drives simplicity, tech intensity and delivers against educational priority focus areas:
Teaching & Learning
- Deliver tech- enabled learning with hybrid and blended teaching and learning and personalized student experiences
- Drive digital transformation in campus, schools and research institutions
Skills and Employability
- Prepare students to be workplace ready
- Leadership of a diverse education v-team of high impact relationships, technical and industry sellers, that expand strategic education customer relationships to drive larger impact and targeted business growth, drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy, and delivering agreed outcomes
- Mobilizing, orchestrating, mentoring and leading of the Microsoft Education v-team, partners and customers in order to help solidify the path to the complex yet exciting journey that is Digital Transformation
- Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase cases for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition for education
- Articulating the Education Transformation Framework strategic vision, followed by the customer maturity framework/path for customers to take in order to enable their digital transformation based on their stage and objectives/capabilities they want to achieve.
- Presenting and demonstrating key end-user solutions/capabilities and technical architectures aligned to a customer maturity framework/path in Windows 10 Pro and Education, Office 365 clients and Modern Classroom deployment tools such as Identity with Azure Active Directory Premium (AAD P1), Intune (MDM and MAM) and Teams with School Data Sync (SDS) set-up. And looking holistically end to end to the resources ready for deployment & adoption (usage) assistance for smooth customer experience.
Planning and Engagement
- Proactively continues to build the external stakeholder network and leverages internal stakeholders to engage them. Acts as an industry advisor to the executive-level business decision makers at the customer’s business. Shares best practices in stakeholder management across industries.
Partner Management and Collaboration
- Collaborates with partners to plan and execute on opportunities with resources and partners by driving pipeline for build-with, identifying future requirements for partners, etc.
- Collaborates with the account management team and partners to connect the partner ecosystems to scale business results. Collaborates with partners to generate industry solution opportunities. Collaborates with partner teams (e.g., One Commercial Partner [OCP]) to carry out competitive recruiting of new partners and helps current partners to understand the industry and develop solutions within that industry.
- Selects top partners by subsidiary and relevance and identify organizations as potential partners for Microsoft.
- Coaches junior colleagues in building partner network.
- Proactively builds knowledge of Microsoft’s and other industry-relevant solutions and other capabilities. Proactively builds strong knowledge of the industry, including trends, policy implications (e.g., privacy), and competitors to act as a subject matter expert and inform decisions on pursuit or withdrawal, provide recommendations on accounts, and establishing learning baseline for junior colleagues. Leads the communication to provide feedback to other teams (e.g., sales, marketing, engineering) on future product trends or sales blocker and to guide junior industry solutions team members, leveraging deep industry knowledge to articulate nuances and anticipate gaps. Advises and presents at industry communities.
Leading the Education v-team
- Drive demand and viral adoption for Teams and Windows to support sustainable remote learning scenarios with students & educators
- Support strategic 1:1 Windows device deals via proactive engagement with key customer and partner stakeholders
- Cultivate and build leader, educator/faculty and influencer affinity and advocacy, utilizing the Education Transformation Framework and the Industry Priority Scenarios
- Drive Azure Lab Services and Windows Virtual Desktop as platforms for remote learning
- Empower students to skill up and certify on Microsoft technologies, building affinity with Microsoft Learn
- Increase customer use of Azure through targeted scenarios
- Drive M365 renewal focusing on security, compliance and voice, and reduce customer cost with platform consolidation
- Build D365 and Power Platform usage and customer adds
- Planning and overseeing the process of structuring deals and defining the negotiation strategies for customer accounts
- Establishing Microsoft as a leader in education transformation and future ready skills championing Microsoft’s mission to empower every student by supporting education future-ready skills focus across the spectrum of our audience engagements, from high level conversations on skills/employability with leaders, to getting students excited about computer science, and empowering students to graduate with industry recognized skills
- Remaining focused on customer facing time by running a healthy and predictable business that delivers on a jointly agreed customer Digital Transformation strategy maintaining rigorous sales process compliance
- Continuously nurturing and expanding your sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to the Microsoft Worldwide Industry Teams to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
- Embody our culture and values
Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong sales and business background, with 5-8 years education related experience to achieve quota and sustainable growth year-over year,
- Experience of selling education software solutions (Microsoft software and devices technology preferred) combined with deep understanding of key education solutions and competitive technologies
- Strong business planning and business discipline skills woven with ability to develop and implement targeted plans
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with senior education decision makers and articulating how education institutions can digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft solutions
- Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
- Experience in leading and driving the entire sales cycle, orchestrating virtual selling teams where necessary, leveraging repeatable offerings that maximize revenue/market share/consumption opportunities and increase customer satisfaction
- Be comfortable with public speaking and the media
- 5+ years proven experience working in a relevant industry domain
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant industry domain (e.g., Government, Education) or related field (e.g., Computer Science, Business Administration) AND 3+ years experience working in an industry domain.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.