Intern Program Data Analysis and Data Management at Evidence Action… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Evidence Action.
- Assist in QA/QC of Data and dashboard. This will include running a do-file to check the quality of data, and troubleshoot any data errors, e.g missing observations, fewer samples, outliers
- Check Completeness of data: The intern will check if the data submitted for analysis is complete and of needed quality before it is used for analysis. He/she will liaise with the data management team to ensure all data is clean and accurate for analysis
- Consolidate previous data sets: Under the guidance of the Associate, Data analysis, the intern will develop scripts to merge and/or append previous data sets into one consolidate data collected to e analysis:
- Conduct analysis on one-off tasks: These include important but not so urgent analysis, such as analysis of pilots’ analysis, Water source type and baseline water quality.
- Secondary data as needed: The intern will search download and manage any secondary data that might be of interest to
- Mapping: Under the guidance of the intern will develop maps in ArcGIS/QGIS/R to geographically represent program information.
- Excel Visual: The intern will develop an automated dashboard in excel and other software as guided by the senior associate. The Visual will be shared with the program team to improve access and usability of data.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics or another quantitative field.
- Knowledge of statistical software packages such as Stata, R, SPSS, SAS etc.
- Strong Data management and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with a team that is geographically dispersed
- Self-directed/self-motivating personality, with the ability to adhere to program deadlines and priorities
- Strong critical and analytical thinking skills
- Familiarity with geospatial analysis in ArcGIS/QGIS and mobile phone surveys will be an added advantage
- Intellectual flexibility and willingness to form and adjust opinions based on evidence
- Have a strong commitment to evidence-based practice and data management as well as analysis skills
- Be enthusiastic to develop personally and professionally as part of a growing team
- Possess a strong attention to detail and a genuine love of working with data.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.