Intern – Urban Design and Video Game [temporary] at UN-Habitat… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at UN-Habitat.
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
- Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Planning, Finance and Economy Section, the intern will:
- Knowledge of sandbox games Minecraft.
- Support the capacity building of communities and team members on world-building/virtual model-making.
- Assist in the development of standard procedures for Minecraft model making.
- Develop materials for Minecraft models visualization and gathering of data for the sites built using Minecraft.
- The development of the technical and normative outputs of the Planning, Finance and Economy Section by assisting in gathering data, analyzing, contributing to the preparation of reports and technical documents, preparation of presentations, and other dissemination materials.
- Maintain documentation to transfer knowledge and provide mentorship to newer team members.
- Create, maintain, and execute Test Cases and Tasks using in-house and 3rd-party testing tools.
Monitor and track game feature progress.
- Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues/defects effectively and efficiently.
- Support the development of high-quality Minecraft models of public spaces and urban areas;
- Assist in the preparation and organization of digital engagement workshops;
- Develop e-training materials for participatory workshops including the use of Minecraft;
- Support the set-up of servers and local area networks for community workshops.
- Support the building of final community digital models after each block-by-block workshop.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- Be computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter and the New Urban Agenda;
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Preferred areas of studies:
- Gaming and Animation Technology, Games Programming, Game Design and Development, Multimedia Designer or related field that is relevant to Urban Planning, Urban Design, Architecture, and Sustainable Urban Development.
- The candidate should have a portfolio of projects and or realistic recreation especially of urban environments of which he/she is the author.
- Knowledge and passionate about video-games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends is an asset.
- Knowledge of managing servers and local area networks is an asset.
- Ability to play Minecraft across platforms is an asset.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme.
- Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Experience in developing high-quality Minecraft models is required.
- Experience working collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals is required.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 18th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.