Application for the Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) for East African Students in Germany – 2021/2022. Entry is now open by the AfDB and Japan.
The JADS Program is open to applicants from AfDB member countries with relevant professional experience and a history of supporting their countries’ development efforts who are applying to a graduate degree program in energy development and related discipline. The program does not provide scholarships to any other graduate degree program.
The scholarship program provides tuition, a monthly living stipend, round-trip airfare, health insurance, and travel allowance.
Upon completion of their studies, the beneficiary scholars are expected to return to their home countries to apply and disseminate their newly acquired knowledge and skills, and contribute to the promotion of sustainable development of their countries.
The Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program is a capacity building project by the AfDB and Japan which was initiated in 2017 with the aim of providing two-year scholarship awards to highly achieving African graduate students to enable them to undergo post-graduate studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in selected priority development areas on the continent and Japan. The overarching goal the AfDB and the Government of Japan seek to attain is to enhance skills and human resources development in Africa in under the Bank’s High 5s agenda (i.e. “Feed Africa”, “Light up Africa”, “Industrialize Africa”, “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the quality of life of the people of Africa”) and key Japanese development assistance initiatives.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JAPAN AFRICA DREAM SCHOLARSHIP (JADS) ELIGIBILITY
- The program is open to those who have gained admission to an approved Masters degree course at a Japanese partner university.
- Candidates should be 35 years old or younger
- in good health
- with a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the energy area or related area
- and have a superior academic record.
Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to return to their home country to contribute to its economic and social development.
JAPAN AFRICA DREAM SCHOLARSHIP (JADS) APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applicant requests for information and application forms and procedures from the chosen JADS partner university. For any inquiries, please contact [email protected]
- Applicant completes required documents and sends them to the university.
- University evaluates and selects applicants.
- University sends selected candidates to the AfDB.
- AfDB reviews submissions from universities, prepares and approves the final list.
- AfDB contacts selected awardees, and informs the universities.
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.