Application for the Jay Sidhu Scholarships for Indian Students in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Wilkes University in USA.
The sponsorship will be presented to students with excellent academic merit of the previous degree. Students belonging to India or holding citizenship of India are eligible to avail this grant. The selected students will be provided with an amount ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 as scholarship money once their application is accepted by the university.
Wilkes University is a private university in Pennsylvania committed to a community that embraces diversity, social responsibility, and a global perspective that enhances the students’ preparation as leaders.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JAY SIDHU SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The student must be the first time studying in the USA on an F-1 visa
- The student must hold a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The student must be enrolled as a first-year student at Wilkes and reside on-campus.
- All undergraduate degree courses and subjects are eligible.
- Four years of English.
- Three years of mathematics.
- Two years of science (including a laboratory component)
- Three years of social studies.
- The candidates are required to secure minimum scores required by the university in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL Paper Based – 500
- TOEFL Computer-Based – 173
- TOEFL Internet-Based – 60
- IELTS – 5.5
- ELS Successful Completion – 112
- STEP EIKEN – 10
- PTE – 42
- GTEC – 1076
- WESLI Successful Completion – 700.
JAY SIDHU SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students are required to enrol themselves with the university through either Wilkes University’s official portal or Common Application.
- The students can then apply to their desired courses by submitting the required documents.
Application must include:
- Official high school transcripts
- Copy of passport page
- Official transcripts of other educational institutes attended.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15th June, 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.