Jnr. Finance Officer at Medic Mobile…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Medic Mobile.
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone.
The Finance Officer role involves ensuring that all activity is converted to meaningful financial data and on-time tracking of both project and internal budgets to achieve optimum planning. This is achieved through proper accounting & bookkeeping, project financial & Variance reporting, payroll management and providing support to the delivery team, compliance, audits and contracts management.
Accounting and day-to-day bookkeeping. (70%)
- Maintenance of books of accounts covering processing of payments, preparation and maintenance of cash books, bank reconciliations (KES, USD), JEs and managing the financial filing system.
- Monthly reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts (Teammate ledgers, Payroll accounts and other accounts).
- Maintain relations and correspondence with the bank. – Negotiating the best forex rates in relation to the CBK prevailing rate and speculation.
- Reconcile, close monthly accounts and help with facilitation of external audits.
- Maintain up to date fixed asset register and post quarterly depreciation schedules.
- Perform Admin and office support functions in the absence of the Admin.
- Maintain and update finance documents, shared logins and passwords.
- Update prepayments amortization schedules (WIBA, Health Insurance, etc) and allocate costs to the respective projects.
- Setting up new teammates on Payslip Maker, expensify, S2B and ClickTime.
- Reconciling, updating and sharing teammates ledger accounts and settlement of dues on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring monthly ClickTime reports to ensure time allocation reports are available on time to facilitate payroll allocation.
Project Financials. (5%)
- Onboarding and training team on finance areas like expensify and ClickTime.
- Monitor Regional Admin, PD & Project budgets (forecasts, liquidity, variances).
- Responding to financial inquiries to FM, PMs, LA and other stakeholders by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, interpreting and reporting data.
- Process project financial facilitation requests – review requisitions against budget and process payments/teammates advances.
- Follow up with project teams for project expense reports, review, forward for approval and book costs to Sage.
- Prepare partner invoices/financial reports in line with contractual requirements and update invoice tracking report on Salesforce to track monthly receivables ageing report.
- Monitor receivable ageing report and follow up on overdue invoices.
Payroll Function. (10%)
- Payroll preparation and administration of employee benefits. (Including local contractor’s payments).
- Deductions and filing of statutory returns accordingly- PAYE, NHIF, NSSF, WHT, VAT, NITA, HELB, SACCO and Pensions.
- Updating the Master payroll and reconciliation of Payroll accounts on a monthly basis.
- Sharing of WHT Certificates to contractors, P9 forms and payslips to employees.
Procurement & Vendor Management. (10%)
- Procurement process – verify PRs, POs and invoices to ensure all costs and commitments are properly allocated. Ensure procurement processes comply with established procedures.
- Management of vendor accounts, including pre-qualification with Finance & Admin Manager, service agreement management, project related PO approval, invoice and payment processing.
- Develop a sound understanding of the Core IT systems being used for managing day-to-day operations. Ensure timely updating of client and operational data.
Compliance & Policy Review.( 5%)
- Participate in updating financial policies & processes and their consistent application.
- Ensuring payment and filing of statutory information before the due dates.
- Support with statutories documentation and aid with Annual Financial Audits.
- Maintain a complete Partner contract filing system for signed contractual agreements.
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- CPA Finalist, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/BA/Bcom
- Experienced in handling all aspects of finance and accounting with a 3-5 years professional experience
- Deep knowledge of Sage Intacct
- Excellent communication skills (writing and speaking) in English. Must be able to express thoughts and opinions clearly and concisely
- Proven ability to work independently
- Must be flexible with working hours to communicate with USA office
- Commitment to Medic values
- Kenyan/Valid Kenyan work permit
Method of Application
Closing Date : 15 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.