Application for the John Willett Scholarships for International Students in Australia – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the Griffith University in Australia.
This scholarship is exclusively offered to international students that want to pursue a postgraduate programme at Griffith. To be eligible, students need a personal statement and a true copy of any supporting document. Tuition fee coverage will be provided. The students selected by the concerned authority will be awarded 50% tuition fee scholarships to cover the cost of education of any degree study at Griffith University.
Griffith University is a public research university ranking 3rd in the 2021 QS University Rankings Top 50 Under 50 and 30th in the 2020 Times Higher Education Top 100 under 50 holdings a mission To transform lives and add to human knowledge and understanding in a way that creates a future that benefits all.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
JOHN WILLETT SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, People’s Republic of China, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- Master of Global Development
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand, from one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, People’s Republic of China, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Vietnam.
- Have a minimum GPA in previous studies of 4.0 or above on a 7-point scale or equivalent.
- Have applied to study for the Master of Global Development at Griffith by the scholarship application closing date. Applicants must be new commencing students in this program.
- Satisfy all academic and English language entry requirements for the chosen postgraduate coursework program.
- Be a full-time student (40CP) commencing in Trimester 1 or 2.
- Students must meet the entry requirements at Griffith.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- ELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL – 575
- TOEFL (IBT) – 79
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – 50
- ISLPR – 3 or higher.
JOHN WILLETT SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Application must include:
- A certified/attested true copy of any supporting documents (educational certificates and academic transcripts).
- A personal statement outlining your merit for the scholarship based on:
- Academic results
- Reason for wanting to study overseas
- How will you apply what you have learned to address the Sustainable Development Goals in your country or region?
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 3rd December 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.