Application for the Lamar Competitive Graduate International Awards in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Lamar University in USA.
The study program aims to provide financial support to international students commencing a graduate degree at the university in the United States. Lamar University will provide an award amount of $1,000 to the winning candidates for the graduate study.
Founded in 1923, Lamar University (LU) is a public university located in Beaumont, Texas. LU offers over 100 plus programs of study leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through its seven colleges.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LAMAR COMPETITIVE AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- Graduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Students who enroll for fewer than 9 hours during a long semester must provide a one-time reduced course load request and a memorandum to the Dean of Graduate Studies from the Department Chair unless the students have completed the course requirement and register in thesis/dissertation courses as part of the degree requirement for the remaining period of study.
- International students must remain enrolled full-time and may only enroll for a reduced load in their graduating semester.
- For taking admission, applicants check the entry requirements of the university.
- International applicants, both undergraduate and graduate, must provide proof of English language proficiency through scores on the TOEFL or IELTS.
LAMAR COMPETITIVE AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- To be considered for this award, all international graduate applicants should submit online applications through the Apply Texas system.
Application must include:
- The conferred bachelor’s or master’s degree as required for the intended program from a regionally accredited US institution or its equivalent.
- The most recent attendance if it differs from the institution of the conferred degree. This requirement applies regardless of the length of time in attendance and regardless of whether credit was earned or is desired.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before September 1, 2021 will be considered.