Lead Data Scientist Job at Safaricom Kenya… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Safaricom Kenya.
Safaricom is the leading provider of converged communication solutions in Kenya. In addition to providing a broad range of first-class products and services for Telephony, Broadband Internet and Financial services, Safaricom seeks to uplift the welfare of Kenyans through value-added services and support for community projects.
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Collaborate with business units and engineering teams to understand and prioritize company needs and devise possible solutions based on business use cases
- Create various machine learning-based tools or processes within the company, such as recommendation engines or automated lead scoring systems to drive revenue or create cost efficiencies
- Create visualizations using state of the art visualization tools
- Lead and manage data science team
- BSC. or MS. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or equivalent practical experience
- 5 – 8 years data science working experience and with a leadership role.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression
- Good scripting and programming skills
- Good understanding of big data technologies like Hadoop
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and quick grasps to understand business problems
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.