Legal Counsel Job at Oracle… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Oracle.
Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation, headquartered in Redwood City, California.
- RFPs and contracts reviews.
- Providing all required assistance to the Legal Senior Manager in Kenya as well as to the Legal Managing Counsel in Nigeria
- Provide transactional support to the business, including drafting, vetting and negotiating major/non-standard agreements.
- Respond to adhoc queries, providing appropriate solutions.
- Negotiate commercial contracts and drafting non-standard contractual provisions.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate risks, explaining to the business and proposing solutions.
- Ensure compliance with Oracle business practices, policies, procedures and law.Provide training to other Oracle functions on legal policy and business practices.
- Participate in EMEA-wide initiatives as required
- Develop understanding of Oracle´s products and services
- Corporate housekeeping / company secretarial duties
- Perform all other tasks that are appropriate for and required by an in-house company lawyer and as required by the Manager;
- Superior written and oral communication skills (in English) with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all evels of the organization
- High-level legal drafting skills (English)
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values
- Commercial negotiation experience, ideally in the IT or other hi-tech industry
- Experience in license/Cloud/partnership agreements, general commercial law, RFP’s, general corporate matters, and intellectual property, are strongly preferred
- Practical and creative thinking and problem solving
- Commercial outlook with excellent judgement and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Willingness to travel in Kenya and abroad as required
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Minimum job requirements
- Law degree and professional qualification. 3-5 years and above relevant experience.
- Experience as in-house counsel is a plus
- Previous experience in industry preferred.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.