Legal Manager Job at Mwalimu National… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Mwalimu National.
Mwalimu National is a world-class cooperative financial institution and the largest African SACCO with branches in major towns across Kenya, seeks to recruit talented, creative, competent professionals who are dynamic team players and have proven performance track records, to fill the following position:
- Developing, reviewing and implementing the Legal policies, procedures, strategies, standards and guidelines in line with the overall corporate plan.
- Drafting contracts and Memorandums of Understanding (MOUS) and other legal documents on behalf of the society.
- Initiating required legislation amendments for the promotion of the society’s activities.
- Liaising with external lawyers and the Attorney General on legal matters and operations.
- Facilitating compliance with all legal requirements on behalf of society.
- Conducting research on legal issues falling within the society’s mandate.
- Managing the individual and divisional performance targets.
- Mentoring and coaching staff in the Division.
- Have served for a minimum period of three years in the grade of Assistant Legal Manager or in a comparable position in the public or private sector for a minimum period of nine (9) years, three (3) of which must in management level.
- Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have Masters’s degree in Law (LLB) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Have Postgraduate Diploma in Law from the Council for Legal Education.
- Have been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Have a Current Advocates Practicing Certificate.
- Be a Member to the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) and the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya (ICPS (K).
- Have Certificate Corporate Governance from a recognized institution.
- Have Demonstrated outstanding professional and administrative competence as reflected in work performance and results.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Application Deadline: 18th October 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.