Application for the LUF-SVM Fund for International Students in the Netherlands – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Leiden University in UK.
There are eight awards available to outstanding candidates who plan to study at Leiden University for a research degree for the academic year 2021/2022. The Foundation for Packaging and the Environment (SVM) will provide the award amount of 4000 Euro per awardee. A total of eight financial aid positions will be awarded.
Founded in 1575, the oldest higher education institution in the Netherlands is Leiden University. It offers 50 undergraduates, 100 seniors, and 50 doctorates or PhD programmes through its seven faculties to better educate students.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
LUF-SVM FUND ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities
- A research program in the faculty of Archaeology, Humanities, Medicine/LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences, Science, Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding, Onderwijsontwikkeling en Nascholing (ICLON), African Studies Centre, International Institute for Asian Studies
- You must be registered as a master’s student at Leiden University.
- You must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Before applying, you need to check all the entrance requirements for your study.
- Entrants need to demonstrate that they have the right level of written and spoken English.
LUF-SVM FUND APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- For application, applicants need to take admission for a degree at Leiden University. After that, they will be automatically considered for the awards.
Application must include:
- Submit the following documents by email to [email protected], mentioning LUF-SVM Fund in the subject line:
- A letter of motivation in which you explain why you believe your thesis proposal is worthy of a LUF/SVM fund scholarship.
- Your thesis proposal related to the theme of packaging and the environment which includes:
- either an analytical or technical foundation;
- creative and innovative ideas;
- a description of the intended contribution of your master’s thesis to the social discussion about packaging and the environment.
- A letter of recommendation written by your Leiden University thesis supervisor.
- Applications is Open.