The application for the Maize Trust Bursary for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by Maize Trust for all South Africans in South Africa.
The Maize Trust hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the 2021/2022 Bursary. It is meant for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards degree and diploma programmes that are aligned to the following listed below:
- Non-core (Psychology, Dentistry, Botany, etc.) and core mining disciplines (Mining Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current ONLY), Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Survey, Extractive Metallurgy, Rock Engineering)
Update: How to Apply for the 2022 Bradshaw Le Roux Disability Bursary
MAIZE TRUST BURSARY APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
The basic requirements for application of a bursary with the Maize Trust are:
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- Applicants must be admitted to study fulltime with the institution of their choice.
- The Maize Trust bursaries are only awarded to Masters and Doctoral studies.
- The field of study must be relevant to the South African maize industry.
- Successful applicants may not be in receipt of alternative funding from alternate sources or accept any other study related funding except with the explicit prior permission of the Trust.
- The proposal for the dissertation/thesis must be approved by the Maize Trust before commencement with the studies.
- Upon application, the Maize Trust requires:
- A completed application form,
- A certified copy of a South African identity document/passport,
- Updated curriculum vitae,
- The latest academic transcript/record on an official letterhead,
- Proof of registration and a fee statement (if available).
- A formal bursary agreement is to be concluded with the Maize Trust should a bursary be awarded.
- A supervisor for the study programme must be designated by the University where the study will be undertaken and must be approved by the Maize Trust. It is the responsibility of the Student to inform the Supervisor that he/she will be required to register with the particular Bursary Scheme on our website. The URL address thereof will be provided to the supervisor by the student.
- Applicants will be expected to work in the South African maize industry for the same period for which a bursary was awarded.
- Annual bursary amounts will be determined by the Maize Trust each year.
- This bursary will ONLY fund Applicants registered for Masters by Dissertation or Doctoral qualifications.
- Only Applicants who apply by the specified date, have completed the application form and submitted all necessary supporting documents will be considered.
- Applications will not be processed unless the Legal Undertaking (Section E) on this Application form has been completed and signed by the applicant concerned.
- Application for a bursary does not obligate the Maize Trust to award a student a bursary, nor does it guarantee that any bursaries will be awarded.
- Telephonic interviews with shortlisted applicants will be conducted.
- Applicants will be notified of a successful outcome within 8 weeks of the closing date. Should applicants not receive correspondence from the Maize Trust within 8 weeks from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The Initial instalment of the bursary is payable in January.
- All bursary awards are conditional upon receipt of a positive report from the student’s supervisor.
- Continued receipt of the bursary is dependent on a favourable supervisor’s progress report/s and the acceptance of the bursary holder’s progress report by the Maize Trust indicating how the recipient is progressing with his/her studies.
- Applicants will be expected to submit a hard and soft copy of the completed thesis/dissertation on completion of their studies, which will be posted on relevant industry websites.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MAIZE TRUST BURSARY
How to apply
Kindly visit the Maize Trust Bursary application portal and fill in the required details as well as documents. Closing date for bursary application submissions is 30 September of every year.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted on or before 30 September 2021.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Bursary >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Bursary >>>
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.