This article contains information on the Makerere University (MAK) Bachelor of Laws Pre-Entry Examination – 2020/2021.
The Academic Registrar Makerere University announces that the Pre-Entry Examination for admission to the Bachelor of Laws for 2021/2022 will be held on Saturday 30th October, 2021.
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY, MAK BACHELOR OF LAWS PRE-ENTRY EXAMINATION ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible to sit the examination, Applicants must possess the minimum admission requirements of the University, and any one of the following specific requirements:
- ‘A’ Level leavers: Must hold an ‘O’ Level Certificate (UCE) or its equivalent with at least 5 Passes plus ‘A’ Level Certificate (UACE) or its equivalent having obtained a minimum of 13 points (Males) and 12 points (for Females) in any ‘A’ Level combination for both Humanities and Sciences. Candidates who did ‘A’ Level before 2013 should have 15 and 14 points for male and female applicants respectively.
- Diploma Holders: Must possess at least a Second Class or Credit Diploma from a chartered institution. Certified Copies of Diploma Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms.
- Mature Age Applicants: Must have passed the Makerere University Mature Age Entry Examination (for Bachelor of Laws) for either 2019/2020 or 2020/2021 Academic Year. Government sponsorship is only for those who sat Mature Age Exams for 2021/2022 Academic Year and applied for it.
- Degree Holders: Must be graduates in any Discipline from a Chartered University. Certified Copies of Degree Transcripts (No Provisional Results) from the Awarding Institutions must be attached to the Application Forms. (Degree holders are not eligible for government sponsorship)
- All applicants wishing to be admitted to the BACHELOR OF LAWS programme offered by Makerere University are required to sit and pass the Pre-Entry Examination of Makerere University .
- All applicants interested in Government Sponsorship must have applied for BACHELOR OF LAWS GOVERNMENT (LAW) by filing in the Government Application Form. Applicants interested in Private Sponsorship for day (LAW), AFTERNOON (LLA) and LAW EXECUTIVE (LLE) will apply for admission after passing the BACHELOR OF LAWS PRE-ENTRY EXAMINATION.
- All applicants who hold Diplomas and Degrees must present a Certified Copy of the academic transcript. Provisional results shall not be accepted to register for this examination.
- Applicants should note that admission is based on performance in the Pre-Entry Examination and intake capacities for GOVERNMENT, PRIVATE DAY AND PRIVATE EVENING for all categories ie‘A’ LEVEL, DIPLOMA HOLDER, MATURE AGE, DEGREE HOLDER and INTERNATIONAL Applicants.
- All applicants must present the original academic documents to the Academic Registrar’s Office at Makerere University during the registration process.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Forms for those intending to sit the examination are obtainable at the University, Room 505, Senate Building on payment of a Non-refundable Application Fee of Shs. 110,000/= including six past papers, excluding the Bank charges (paid in any Stanbic Bank Branch, DFCU, Post bank, UBA and Centenary Bank,) after getting a Payment Registration Number (PRN).
Procedure for paying for Pre-Entry Examiniations
- Visit the https://pay.mak.ac.ug/ portal to make payment. Or
- Dial the *165# USSD code from your MTN mobile number and then select:
- – (option 4) Payments
- – (option 5) Fees & Taxes
- – (option 1) URA
- -Select with “PRN Payment” and enter the PRN or reference number generated from the https://pay.mak.ac.ug/ portal
- -Enter the PIN to effect payment
- The Application Form can also be accessed/downloaded by following this link.
All application forms must be returned in person to the same office with evidence of payment of the Application Fee. The closing date for submitting the completed Application Forms is Friday 8th October, 2021.
The Pre-Entry Examination shall cover the following areas:
- Reading and Comprehension Skills
- Language Skills
- Numerical Skills and Logic
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Writing
>>>Kindly click here for Makerere University, MAK Online Admission – 2020/2021
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.