Mental Health Counsellor Job at Iqarus… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Iqarus.
- Conducting preliminary interviews and documenting cases from the initial consultation to the end of any treatment on-site including discharge paperwork to patients’ usual HCP.
- Evaluating patients’ mental, behavioral, and emotional health.
- Developing appropriate intervention and recovery plans for entitled personnel.
- Facilitating individual and group therapy sessions as needed.
- Monitoring progress throughout the treatment plan whilst the patient is on-site.
- Collaborating on intervention plans with other deployed mental health specialists, doctors and nurses as needed.
- Identifying patients that may need evacuation and highlighting these patients to the site MO.
- Following up with psychiatrists and attending physicians for patients admitted to a higher echelon of care.
- Identifying and preventing behaviors that impede recovery.
- Document all clinical episodes in accordance with Iqarus published standards.
- Keep on-site Iqarus physician up to date with clinical case workload, immediately highlighting cases of concern.
- University degree (graduate or post-graduate) in mental health counseling combination with qualifying experience.
- Three (3) years of practice as a counselor after a license.
- Must be certified and registered to practice counselor in a mental health setting, without supervision.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.