The application for the Mintek Undergraduate Bursary for the academic year 2021/2022 is now open by the Mintek for all South African and foreign students in South Africa.
The Mintek hereby invites all outstanding students to apply for the Undergraduate bursary. It is meant for students that intend to, or are currently studying towards degree and diploma programmes that are aligned to the following listed below:
- Tertiary institution programmes
The Mintek Undergraduate bursary programme assists by supporting financially deserving students with great academic potential to take their first steps in achieving their dreams and obtaining their undergraduate degree. Mintek Undergraduate bursary programme aims to fund academically deserving students who do not have the financial means to study full-time towards an undergraduate degree.
Update: How to Apply for the 2022 Pan African University Scholarships
MINTEK UNDERGRADUATE BURSARY APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY
Who are we looking for?
Mintek has a strong interest in students who intend to pursue / are currently pursuing undergraduate degrees, honors degrees or
B.Tech diplomas in the following fields*:
- Chemistry (Analytical or Geochemistry)
- Chemical Engineering (Minerals Processing option)
- Electrical Engineering (Process Control Systems or Electronics)
- Geology (majoring in Mineralogy, Petrology, Applied Geology or Economic Geology)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Physical Metallurgy / Materials Science
* Unfortunately Mintek does not provide bursaries to students studying towards their National Diplomas or students at year one (first year) of their study programme.
- At University currently: Studying towards any of the above-mentioned degrees with an overall average of 60% and no failed courses or subjects.
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Must meet the university entry requirements and be accepted at a recognised South African university for full-time studies.
What the bursary covers
- Full payment of registration, tuition, residence and meal fees (or equivalent of university residence and meal fees if staying in private accommodation), plus a R15, 000 p.a. allowance.
- The bursary is awarded for the length of the prescribed course provided that the bursar passes the registered subjects and still complies with the Mintek bursary contract.
- A year-for-year service obligation to Mintek upon graduating, i.e. the bursar needs to work one year at Mintek for every academic year (or part thereof) that the bursar is supported.
- Vacation work at Mintek is compulsory at the end of each academic year till the 3rd year, and is fully remunerated. (Accommodation in Randburg and national transport to and from Mintek is also covered.)
HOW TO APPLY FOR MINTEK UNDERGRADUATE BURSARY
How to apply
Completed application forms with supporting documentation must be submitted to Mintek’s Academic Liaison Officer as follows:
- Via post: Mintek Bursary Office, Private Bag X3015, Randburg 2125
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Fax: 011 709 4465
Supporting documentation to be submitted
- Curriculum vitae.
- Certified copy of proof of identity (ID or passport).
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and official university transcript / certificates / registration.
- Correspondence will only be conducted with candidates who have been shortlisted for interviews.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants who have not heard from Mintek within three months of the closing date can assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
- Applications may or may not be selected based on Mintek’s employment equity needs.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS
- Completed applications need to be submitted by no later than 31 July 2021.
- How to Apply for the SAMRC RCDI-nested Postdoc Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the CETA Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the Unisa Honours Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GrandWest Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the UWC Financial Aid
- How to Apply for the FoodBev SETA Research and Innovation Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the DAC Bursaries for Heritage-related Studies >>>
- How to Apply for the Multichoice Bursary >>>
- How to Apply to the University of Nairobi Research and Innovation Fellowship >>>
- How to Apply for the NRF Postgraduate Scholarships >>>
- How to Apply for the Vaal University NDT Level Certification Bursary >>>
- How to Apply for the GCRA Bursary >>>