Application for the MSF Digital Data Internships – 2021 Entry is now open for all outstanding applicants.
MSF is offering an Internship opportunity to unemployed and prospective graduates to apply in the fields that are in line with the Corporation’s core business. The Corporation is therefore inviting applications for the MSF Digital Data Internship Programme that runs for a maximum period of 12 months in the following disciplines/fields of study.
He/she will work closely with digital and database teams to keep records of data to track the performance of digital activities against agreed objectives and targets. He/she will assist with developing and managing common definitions, dashboards and reporting forms and sharing information between teams and departments. Likewise, he/she will be very involved in providing data for and assisting coordinators with data analysis for reporting. Furthermore, he/she will also provide some basic administrative support to the team, such as maintaining and updating calendars and project plans.
The MSF Digital Data Internship Programme uses a fully integrated approach that combines theory with practical training and leads to a recognized qualification/certification. MSF provides an internship opportunity in the following areas listed below:
- Digital Data
This internship opportunity is situated at the following locations in South Africa:
- Johannesburg and Gauteng
Update: How to Apply for the 2021 PPECB Human Resources Internship Programme
MSF DIGITAL INTERNSHIP ROLES, APPLICATION ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Data Responsibilities:
- Set up and maintain an agreed-upon glossary of digital terms, KPIs and indicators for each digital platform to ensure we are using terms and measures consistently (e.g. engagement rate calculated vs reach or impressions)
- Document and store records of all digital accounts, platforms, activities and campaigns (including recording all posts, what images were used, times, etc. for analysis purposes). Records should be kept where they will be available to all teams as per knowledge management protocols – including online and offline records.
- Track and record the performance of all digital activities and campaigns against agreed metrics and targets and at agreed intervals (e.g. daily, weekly, monthly) using analytics tools, spreadsheets and reporting templates
- With the support of all digital teams, develop/update digital dashboards and benchmarks for MSF (where possible shared dashboards) to track performance and trends and to help us link up our data (including social media, website and e-newsletter data)
- Provide data for and assist coordinators with data analysis and reporting
- Organize regular data-sharing sessions and generally assist with ensuring communication and sharing of digital data between teams, units and departments
- Update online notice-boards as part of information sharing
- Use data to try to find answers to specific queries from teams and Director of Comms
- Extract and clean data from salesforce before sending to the call centre.
- Clean and normalize data from call centre before importing back to Salesforce CRM.
- Work with the digital team, maintain updated calendars of upcoming events, international days, deadlines, campaigns and digital activities
- Assist with filing, follow-up on email, and basic office admin tasks related to activities of the digital and data teams
- Schedule and organize internal and external meetings as required
- Participate in brainstorming and planning for digital activities
- Participate in the Knowledge Management Team activities
- In emergencies, be part of the digital emergency team and assist with all aspects of the digital emergency campaign under the supervision and guidance of Online Communication Manager
- Assist database team with data cleansing and normalization.
- Degree or diploma in communications, marketing or data sciences – must include some training on social media
- Experience and/or training using analytics platforms to monitor, identify trends, etc.
- Experience of basic data analysis and reporting desirable
- Experience balancing short-term and long-term responsibilities and working quickly when necessary, and working in high-pressure and/or breaking-news situations
Knowledge and skills
- The ability to work across social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Ability to use a variety of computer programmes and platforms, such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, etc.
- A passion for data and data-driven decision-making
- Attention to detail
- A desire to work collaboratively on projects and teach others what you know
- Committed to helping others understand, use and share data
- Interest in working closely with the rest of the Comms team to help develop and streamline MSF SA’s digital communications
- Must love digital
MSF DIGITAL INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS – HOW TO APPLY
- Step 1: Before you can apply for a position, please ensure that you meet all the above criteria.
- Step 2: Once you have fulfilled step one, please click on the “Apply Now” button to register and apply.
- Step 3: Once you’ve registered and applied, we’ll email you confirmation of receipt. Our Resourcing Team will then carefully assess your application and provide you with feedback every step of the way.
- Applications should reach Aspen on time, at most 12 July 2021. As it is indicated for each position of interest above.