Application for the NASA CineSpace Competition for International Applicants in USA – 2020/2021. Entry is now open at the NASA in USA.
CineSpace is a short film competition for filmmakers, editors, and animators with a passion for storytelling to create unique films for a chance to win cash prizes. Competition Awards: $26,000 in total prizes, Optional: Special Judging Categories and Awards for Best Documentary: USD 4,000, Film That Best Exhibits Human Presence in Space: USD 3,5000, a Film That Uses the Must Unusual or Obscure Imagery from the NASA Archives: USD 500
Filmmakers are asked to make a short film of 10 mints or less duration. You have a chance to share their work inspired by, and using, real NASA footage that has been collected from over 50 years of space exploration!
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
NASA CINESPACE COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- The Screenings and Competition (hereafter “Competition”) are offered and open only to natural persons who are at least 18 years of age at the time of entry. Parents and guardians of filmmakers younger than 18 can submit on their behalf.
NASA CINESPACE COMPETITION APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Apply at https://www.nasa.gov/cinespace-2020
Application must include:
- The submitted works (your video) may be uploaded to the Tongal website
- Fill out the required information on the Submission Form, and Agree to Terms in the Submitter’s Agreement
- Any non-English language works should be submitted with English subtitles.
- There is no entry fee to submit to CineSpace and you may submit more than one original work.
- Submissions must contain at least 10% (based on total running time) of NASA video imagery.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before July 14, 2021 will be considered.