National Coordinator for Decent Rural Youth Employment Job at Food and Agriculture Organization…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Food and Agriculture Organization.
- National Coordinator for Decent Rural Youth Employment
- In close coordination with the international Project Coordinator, and based on the results and activities presented in the project log frame, support the implementation and M&E of project activities including contributing to the development of annual work plans, activity requests and calendars.
- Oversee the process of policy dialogue with the national partners of the project and key agriculture, employment and rural development stakeholders.
- Actively participate in meetings, workshops and any other relevant events organized by the national partners of the project and key agriculture, employment and rural development stakeholders.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the project activities, including support to organizing periodic meetings and workshops/trainings, in collaboration with the FAO representation in that country, government, and its institutions, UN agencies as well as other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide technical inputs to key national stakeholders in the processes of revision of existing or formulation of new policies, strategies, plans and programmes around youth employment in agriculture, agribusiness, value chain development, access to agri-finance and private sector engagement.
- Prepare and submit a report on the progress of project implementation at the national level on a quarterly basis, liaising with national partners.
- Coordinate and assist the missions and training conducted by international consultants and FAO staff by processing the administrative procedures and coordination with relevant governmental agencies, UN agencies and national stakeholders.
- Advanced University Degree in Economics, Agricultural or Development Economics, Development Studies, Social Science, or related fields.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on agriculture and business development and/or youth employment issues
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- National of Kenya.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 1st October 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.