Network Support Assistant Job at Bank of Africa Kenya Limited… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Bank of Africa Kenya Limited.
BANK OF AFRICA – KENYA LIMITED (BOA-KENYA) is a commercial bank providing banking services to corporate, SME and retail clientele.
- Network Health – to ensure that the Bank’s network is operating optimally through:
- Proactive monitoring of entire network to detect bottlenecks and single source of failure
- and rectifying these problems before any incidence/downtime occurs.
- Identification of all equipment that are nearing end of life and/or end of support and
- recommend for replacement.
- Ensuring that all the network and security devices are running latest most stable
- software versions
Service Availability – to ensure that all network devices are available to both internal and external access through:
- Ensuring of uptime and accessibility for network and security equipment.
- Limiting of unplanned downtime in any eventuality and return the bank to operational status within RTO.
Risk Management – to reduce on the IT risk through:
- Closure of audit findings related to network
- Performing of Disaster Recovery tests as per the schedule
- Service Desk Management – to ensure that all IT requests raised concerning network access are addressed through:
- Closure of tickets as per the defined TAT
Systems Monitoring – to proactively identify issues affecting both Wide Area Network and Local Area Network devices through:
- Scheduled health checks as per the checklist
- Tracking of all software and firmware versions and upgrade to latest stable versions
Project Implementation – to ensure IT network projects are implemented through:
- Realisation of all project milestones
- Participation and testing of projects outside IT as may be required
Backstopping Network & Security Officer in his/her absence
Key Performance Indicators (at least 5)
- Service availability of 99%
- Minimize and eliminate bottlenecks affecting the Bank’s network
- Adherence to TAT on tickets
- Closure of risk and network audit findings
- Conducting disaster recovery tests as per agreed schedule
- Ensure no issue occurs that would have been detected by proactive monitoring
- Implementation of projects as per the ToRs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field.
- At least one year experience in network administration role.
- Networking Certifications including but not limited to CCNA, CCNP, CCNP Security, voice certifications.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.