Application for the New Student Awards for International Students in USA – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota in USA.
The scholarship aims to support international students who wish to study in the USA. The grant covers a fixed amount of the tuition fee of the chosen course for the period of study. The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota will provide the selected students with an annual scholarship worth $28,000 for the period of study.
The Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota is a private Lasallian Catholic university. It is a non-profit institution whose vision is to be a nationally prominent and regionally dominant university that transforms individuals and communities through an education that emphasizes excellence, aligns with workforce needs, provides access and flexibility to support student needs.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
NEW STUDENT AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Students from all international countries are eligible.
- All undergraduate courses are eligible.
- The students must be enrolled in the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- The students must have a high school GPA of 3.60–4.00 and live on-campus.
- The students are required to be in the top 55 per cent of SAT test-takers to be admitted at the Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota.
- The students must achieve minimum scores required by the university in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL – 72
- IELTS – 6.0
- The Michigan Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) – 74%
- The International Test of English Proficiency (ITEP) – of 4.0
- Pearson Test of English – of 51.
NEW STUDENT AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students are required to register themselves on either Common Application or Saint Mary’s application to apply.
Application must include:
- Official Academic transcripts of high school graduation in English.
- Official test scores like SAT/ACT
- The college essay (650 words), on a topic of choice.
- Letter of recommendation from school guidance counsellors, teachers, or administrators explaining your readiness to study at St. Mary’s, Minnesota.
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 1st July, 2021 will be considered.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.