We pleased to present to you the 2021 Nelson Mandela University (NMU) and Special Rates Area (SRA) Street Art Contest as well as how to apply. It involves the competition eligibility, requirements and the prizes involved.
Every year the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) and Special Rates Area (SRA) Street Art Contest for interested & qualified South African citizens to apply for. This year is not an exception. Therefore the Nelson Mandela University (NMU) and Special Rates Area (SRA) Street Art Contest is listed below together with their eligibility, requirements and the prizes.
Graffiti, painting or drawing will be done on walls of the three buildings identified. Materials such as paint, spray paint cans with special tips and markers or other approved methods may be used. Nothing that would damage the property is allowed and if performed will be disqualified. Upon selection three of the best entries will be offered the position to execute the art work on the wall. The art piece, photographed will be sent to the public via social and traditional media for the final selection towards winning the prizes, of R10000, R 5000 and R 2500 respectively.
Update: How to Apply for the 2022 Sasol Maths and Science Bursary
NMU/SRA STREET ART CONTEST PRIZES, REQUIREMENTS & ELIGIBILITY
- Winner: R20 000
- 2nd position: R10 000
- 3rd position: R5 000
- Must be operating for at least 6 months
- Address at least 1 of the 17 UN SDGs
- Must have impacted at least 100 people
- NPO/NGO/ Social Enterprise Project
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UKZN STREET ART CONTEST
- UKZN Street Art Contest is an initiative of UKZN Corporate Relations (UKZN – CRD) and is powered by Kulisha (KG).
- The challenge stimulates community engagement, cohesion, and creativity amongst students and alumni further promoting the development of social impact initiatives and/or social entrepreneurship.
- Any student and/or alumnus (“the Participant”) may enter the challenge by completing the supplied application form developed by UKZN-CRD and present their social impact initiative to a panel of judges .
- Acceptance is dependent on various factors, the novelty and quality of the initiative, the strength of the management team, execution strategy of the initiative, as well as the clarity and coherence of the submission.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NMU/SRA STREET ART CONTEST
- Entry into the challenge is via the Application Link is provided.
- By entering the Challenge, you agree that the judges’ decisions will be final, and there will be no avenue for appeal.
- Submission of an application or selection for participation in the Challenge is no guarantee of award of Prizing incentives through UKZN.
- UKZN has the sole discretion of the award of Prizes based on operational and/or other requirements and such decision shall be final and binding.
- Applications should reach the NMU/SRA Street Art Contest on or before 1st October 2021 by midnight.
Kindly & follow us on Follow @coursediscovery OR
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.