North-West University APS Calculator 2022 – How to Calculate.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
Are you searching for how to calculate North-West University Admission Point Score 2022 to be sure you have attained the criteria? If that is what you are looking for, we have published below a comprehensive guide on how to calculate North-West University APS 2022.
- 1 North-West University APS Calculator 2022
- 2 How to Calculate North-West University APS Score 2022
- 3 How do universities use the Admission Point Score to allow you to apply for a course at the university?
North-West University APS Calculator 2022
The North-West University has released the procedure to calculate Admission Point Score (APS) for the 2022 academic session using APS Calculator.
Admission Point Score (APS) is one of the requirements that determines a candidate’s qualifications for their choice of program.
Universities in South Africa uses APS Points as one of the requirements for candidates to be admitted into their respective program of choice.
WHAT IS APS SCORE?
An Admission Points Score is the converted average of your matric marks. Each mark is converted to a mark out of ten. These marks and then all added together to give you an Admission Point Score or an APS.
WHAT IS APS CALCULATOR?
This is a unique APS calculator that you can use to work out your score.
WHEN DO I NEED TO GET MY APS?
You need to get your APS (Admission Point Score) mark before you can apply for a course at a university.
HOW DO I GET MY APS?
First, you have to have your final Matric examination certificate.
Your top 7 Matric subject’s marks are changed into a point system that works out your APS (see diagram 1 below).
How to Calculate North-West University APS Score 2022
This means you get a point for each Matric subject that you wrote in the final examination.
The number of points you get for each of your final Matric examination subjects will depend on what percentage you get for each subject.
The points get for each subject should then be added up. This total will be your APS.
(See diagram 2 below for an example of how you calculate your APS).
North-West University APS For International Prospective Students
If you are an international student, you need to have 40 points and above to receive a firm offer. If you have 37 – 39 points, you will be put on hold until the end of September to be considered by the Dean if space is available. Some courses may require you to add certain subjects (please make sure that you know the requirements of the course beforehand).
How do universities use the Admission Point Score to allow you to apply for a course at the university?
- Universities use your total admission point score point to see if you qualify to study for the specific course that you are applying for.
- Take note: Each university allocates the amount of APS points required to study a course differently. This means that a course at one university won’t need the same APS points as the same course at another university.
- It is very important that you make absolutely sure you find out what a university’s specified minimum application point score points are for a specific course before you apply, as well as all the other specifications.
- For example: You want to apply for a teaching course at a university. One university might state that your minimum APS must be 30. However, another university might state that the minimum APS required to apply for a teaching course is 20.
- Also, significant to remember: Make sure that you always study hard to get the highest marks/grades you are capable of getting. This is because it is not always enough to have only the bare minimum necessary to get accepted for the degree you want to study.
If you have any suggestions or comments regarding this information, please, kindly drop us a COMMENT using our comment box below.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.