This article contains information on North-West University (NWU) Postgraduate Admission and Application Forms: 2021/2022 and how to Apply. It also contains the North-West University (NWU) Postgraduate Application form download link as well as its online application where necessary.
This article contains information on the North-West University (NWU) Application form and Requirements for admission into the following programmes for the 2021/2022 academic year.
- Any NWU Postgraduate programmes
Applications to study for the listed postgraduate programmes above in 2021/2022 are now open for both internal and external applications. INTERNAL APPLICANTS are students currently registered at NWU for the 2021/2022 academic year. EXTERNAL APPLICANTS refer to any graduate who meet requirements for the qualification.
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY, NWU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
- Admission requirements vary considerably and you are advised to consult the Student Enrolment Centre or Faculty information booklet for current requirements.
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY, NWU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Postgraduate Applications for study at the North-West University (NWU) in 2021/2022 are fully online.
North-West University (NWU) Postgraduate Application Procedures
- Step 1: Read through the admission requirements and selection criteria of the programme as outlined above
- Step 2: If satisfied that you meet the general admission requirements and specific subjects requirements, then complete the electronic application form.
- Step 3: Prepare an electronic copy of your academic record as well as documents to upload.
- Step 4: click here for more information on how to apply.
Please Note: Candidates are personally responsible for determining the closing date of selection courses in conjunction with the relevant faculty/school.
- Before submitting the application forms, candidates should consult the lecturer under whose supervision the candidate would like to conduct research. If the candidate does not know under whose supervision he/she would like to conduct research, an administrative manager of the relevant faculty should be consulted for a recommendation.
- Prospective students are responsible for the submission of a properly completed application form, accompanied by all the relevant documents required.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WITH AN APPLICATION:
TYPE 1: CONTINUATORS (Applying for a new programme and in doing so, continues with studies without interruption of a year or more).
- If you are a continuator and would like to enroll for M or PhD degree studies, you only need to submit a certified copy of your identity document with the application for admission.
- International students must also report to the International office for a permit, passport checks and clearance.
TYPE 2: ALUMNI (FORMER STUDENTS) AND NEW APPLICANTS. New applicants and applicants who were previously registered with the NWU:
- completed application form;
- a certified copy of identity document/passport;
- application fee if you are an International student;
- certified copies of all academic transcripts and/or certificates from other tertiary institutions.
- Please read the relevant available information before completing the application form. Incomplete information can delay the processing of your application.
- Please inform the University as soon as possible should you:
- Decide not to pursue this application for admission;
- Change your address and/or telephone number; or
- Don’t receive an acknowledgment of receipt of the application within four (4) weeks from submitting an application for admission.
- The University reserves the right to refuse any application for admission without supplying reasons for such a decision.
- Population group: Although this information is vital for statistical purposes, answering is optional.
You may monitor your application status online Here
NWU Postgraduate Application Fee
- Application fee for Postgraduate applications is R 550
UPDATING YOUR APPLICATION
You need to submit additional documents to the Admissions Office. This may include the following:
- Certified paper copies of documents uploaded online as part of your application
- Academic transcripts which may not have been available at the time of your application must be uploaded to our student system; please log in using your username and password, and complete the submission; certified paper copies of such uploaded documents must be submitted
- Where applicable, evidence of English language proficiency must be provided
SUBMISSION DATES FOR SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS AND ACADEMIC RECORDS
The NWU University reserves the right to cancel any application if all the necessary certified paper copies or original transcripts are
not submitted on time.
NWU POSTGRADUATE APPLICATION DEADLINE
The prescribed application fee as determined annually by the Council is not refundable. Only International students pay an application fee. The application will only be accepted for processing if it is accompanied by such application fee and/or proof of payment of such application fee.
- North-West University Semester Registration Guidelines & Portal >>>
- How to Access the North-West University Academic Records >>>
- How to Download North-West University Prospectus in PDF >>>
- North-West University PGCE Application Forms >>>
- North-West University Registration Dates and Deadline >>>
- North-West University Moodle Portal Login >>>
- North-West University Email Address >>>
- How to Login to your North-West University Student Mail >>>
- How to Access the North-West University eLearning Portal >>>
- North-West University Resumption Dates >>>
- North-West University Application Deadline >>>
- North-West University Admission Requirements >>>
- List of Courses Offered at North-West University >>>
- North-West University Fee Structure >>>
- North-West University Admission Points Score and How to Calculate your APS >>>
- How to Check your North-West University Application Status >>>
- North-West University Academic Calendar >>>
- North-West University Student Portal >>>
- North-West University Application & Registration Fee >>>