Officer In Charge of Navigation Watch Job at Kenya Railways… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kenya Railways.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- lays the vessel’s routes on chart and mans the chart plotter
- Keeps a log of nautical publication and equipment and instruments;
- Prepares and keeps custody of voyage reports;
- Maintains log of the ship’s medical chest;
- Keeps a log of all life-saving and fire-fighting appliances on board;
- Operates lifeboat during rescue operations and while abandoning ship;
- Keeps navigational watch at sea and at anchor;
- Operates mooring station during berthing and unberthing of the vessel;
- Liaise with the chief officer and other deck crew to work on cargo on board the ship.
- Complies with safety management system procedures while onboard the ship.
- Identifies and reports non-conformities and near misses/hazardous occurrences as per procedures defined within the safety management system.
- Participates in preparation of the vessel for classification and statutory surveys.
- Keeps watch of mails during offloading and loading of mails.
- Implements quality management system procedures during ship operation.
- Form four certificates with good grades in Mathematics and Physics
- Hold a certificate of competency as per the vessel’s minimum safe manning certificate.
- STCW ’95 as amended in 2010 compliant.
- Hold a tanker familiarization certificate of proficiency
- Conversant with operations and management if bridge navigational equipment
- Served as a 3rd officer or a 2nd officer for not less than 6 months.
- Knowledge of working with/on cargo, their care and ship stability
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.