Application for the PhD Excellence Awards for International Students in Canada – 2021/2022. Entry is now open at the ISMER UQAR in Canada.
The sponsorship will be provided to three international students who wish to pursue PhD in Marine Sciences and Oceanography. Students from Canada are also eligible to apply to avail this application. The University will provide three selected applicants with a sum of $20,000 per annum for three years to cover their doctoral degree at ISMER.
Institut Des Sciences De La Mer De Rimouski (ISMER) of the Université du Québec à Rimouski(UQAR) is one of the largest university networks in Canada that gives utter importance to teaching, research and service to the community.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD EXCELLENCE AWARDS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- All nationalities.
- All PhD degree programmes in the field of marine sciences are eligible.
- The applicants must be new full-time students at ISMER.
- The applicants must be registered in the doctoral program at ISMER at the time of obtaining the program.
- These excellent opportunities are intended for students from Quebec, other Canadian provinces, or worldwide.
- Be able to start the doctoral thesis in the fall of 2021 or winter of 2022 semesters;
- Be in the position to register (full time) in the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER at the time of obtaining the program;
- The applicants are required to have a minimum grade point of at least 3.7 / 4.3 or the equivalent to secure an admission.
- The applicants are required to submit scores of the attempted IRLTS and TOEFL tests as proof of English language proficiency.
- The University also requires fluency in French. The following tests are accepted: TFI – 750, and TCF – B2.
PHD EXCELLENCE AWARDS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- The students must register and enrol themselves in the University in their preferred course through the online platform. The applicants are required to submit the documents mentioned below through mail to the Program committee of graduate studies in oceanography at ISMER on [email protected]
Application must include:
- All university grade transcripts
- Birth certificate
- Letter to motivation
- Three reference letters
- A letter of support from a professor at ISMER
- Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 1st July, 2021 will be considered.