Application for the PhD International Scholarships in Frameworks to Evaluate the Potential Impact of Genomics in Ireland – 2022/2023. Entry is now open at the University of Limerick in Ireland.
The PhD project will build software tools to enable access and analysis of genomics data in EMR records. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be highly motivated, and will be able to think critically to solve a problem. Each successful scholar will receive a stipend of €16,000 tax-free per annum, with EU tuition fees covered. Non-EU students may have to pay the balance of total fees.
The University of Limerick is a young and independent higher education institution with 12,000 students consisting of more than 2,000 international students. It delivers lucrative undergraduate, postgraduate, and postgraduate research programs in various fields to choose from.
The Scholarships are one of the most prestigious scholarships in the world. The aim of the program is to create a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS ELIGIBILITY
Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Applications are accepted from around the world
- The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the University.
- The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, be highly motivated, and will be able to think critically to solve a problem
- Applicants from non-traditional backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- The applicant should have experience in at least one computer language, be familiar with open source coding practices, including github and containerization, and be excited to write R/Bioconductor code and packages.
- Applicants should have a first or upper second-class honors degree at undergraduate or master’s level or equivalent training in data science, biostatistics, bioinformatics, computer science, or a closely related discipline.
- Students must meet the English language requirements of the University.
PHD INTERNATIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Applications to Springfield College can be made through the Common Application portal. Students that have attained the minimum GPA requirement for the award will be considered.
Application must include:
- Provide a detailed proposal of the research to be undertaken (on separate sheets if necessary). This should include sections on 1) Description of the topic including the aims of the research; 2) Objectives and/or hypotheses; 3) Research Methodology, including how the data will be collected; and 4) Bibliography and references.
- Applications is Open.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.