Principal Coordination Officer Job at United Nations Environment Programme…See Details on how to apply for the opportunities available at United Nations Environment Programme.
- Principal Coordination Officer
- Provide thought leadership on the UN Decade and its implementation and represent the UN Decade lead agencies in key processes and meetings.
- Liaise with and represent the lead agencies vis-à-vis donors, Member States, collaborating organizations and other partner organizations, and at key events.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the work of the FAO and UNEP core team, including leading the Secretariat for the Multi-Partner Trust Fund.
- Report progress, results and outcomes of the UN Decade to main donors and oversee the preparation of an annual update report to the High- Level Political Forum, and oversee the preparation of the Secretary-General’s report on the UN Decade to the UN General Assembly at its 81st session.
- Report on the UN Decade and its implementation, and on the funding allocated, to the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (MPTF).
- Provide guidance and leadership on the UN Decade to FAO and UNEP staff.
- An advanced university degree in Environmental Management, International Relations, Economics, or other relevant field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- At least fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience, including at least five years of international experience; and at least five (5) years in a senior management position is required.
- Work experience in leading a complex international network or partnerships is desirable.
- Work experience in developing or leading a large-scale ecosystem restoration project is desirable.
- Work experience in fundraising is desirable.
- Work experience in the United Nations or in a similar international organization is desirable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Application Deadline: 20th October 2021.