Product Manager (EPC) at BURN… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at BURN.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world.BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves.Since 2013, BURN has sold 200,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoas â„¢ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,000,000+ beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~10,000 stoves per month and intend to double sales by the end of 2017.
The Product Manager Electric cooking, position presents an exciting opportunity to roll out an innovative new cooking product into the market. This role will work in collaboration with the Head of Product and play an active role in all product-related matters. This includes, but is not limited to product innovation, product design, product development, and project management. BURN has been developing, testing, and bringing to market new cooking products for 10+ years in Kenya. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a growing organization and contribute to a fast-moving company committed to improving economic, environmental, and social outcomes in East Africa.
We offer a role with significant responsibility:
Specific roles and responsibilities may change as the position, and the company, and the product, evolve. This is a flexible and demanding post with numerous associated responsibilities. The key areas identified are:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with market research department to understand user needs, define product vision, and advocate for the voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle.
- Use information from customers provided by market research ensure products developed incorporate these ideas.
- Manage the product to achieve goals and achieve planned launch timelines.
- Work closely with the engineering team during the development cycle to make judgment calls as engineering constraints arise.
- Manage supplier communication contracting and integration of results into the existing system and team.
- Improve the currently available solutions from a UI/UX and technical perspective.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in EA, product management.
- You are an excellent communicator, a product person; a people’s person, and you know how to set priorities and utilize your time effectively.
- You are not shy to ask questions and are always striving to deliver the best results, considering the complexity of the system and its requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Master’s Degree
- Compensation including benefits matching the level of the candidate
Method of Application
Closing Date : 31 October. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.