Program Coordinator Job, Health Financing at ThinkWell… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of society as a means to achieve global prosperity. Since 2011, ThinkWell has helped over 30 countries to achieve long-lasting improvements to their health systems. We have staff and offices in the U.S., Switzerland, Philippines, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Kenya, and Uganda. In addition, we are working in more than 10 other countries on health financing and health systems issues.
- Strengthen the capacity of County departments of health (CDoHs) on the three functions of health care financing (revenue mobilization, pooling and purchasing).
- Support the CDoHs to optimize Own Source Revenue and other funding sources to increase fiscal space to purchase primary healthcare (PHC) services.
- Provide technical support to the CDoHs to apply strategic purchasing principles to incentivize providers to improve the quality of care, with a focus on PHC services.
- Support the CDoHs to develop and implement data driven innovations on health financing, that can improve the supply chain, and productivity of human resources for health.
- Strengthen working relationships across different purchasers (NHIF, Private Health Insurance, Ministry of Health) and the county to achieve coherence within different purchasing arrangements.
- Support the CDoHs to review, develop and or implement Public Finance Management (PFM) policies/guidelines to address challenges that hinder facilities from generating and using funds to improve the quality of services.
- Support the development of county health plans and budgets in accordance with the PFM act (2012).
- Provide technical support to the CDoHs to strengthen implementation of UHC and health care financing reforms.
- Develop partnerships and networks within counties to strengthen health systems.
- Represent ThinkWell in meetings with external partners, county governments, and other stakeholders.
- Support data collection, collation and analysis on health financing and purchasing in counties to inform the reforms needed to strengthen PHC and UHC.
- Collect, collate, and analyze routine data on Human Resources for Health (HRH), Health Products and Technologies and other areas of focus on selected indicators to inform development of appropriate health financing interventions.
- Support county-level monitoring, evaluation, learning and reporting activities on health financing and strategic purchasing.
- Document and disseminate learning products on health financing and strategic purchasing to different stakeholders to inform policy. Use the learnings and emerging evidence to co-create, with CHMTs, sustainable health financing solutions.
- BA/BS and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Substantive experience in relevant health systems work with a development agency, NGO, or county government; experience in health financing in the public sector is required.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical advice to counties in strategic and operational planning, data analytics, especially on health financing, HRH, and supply chain optimization.
- Prior work experience on primary healthcare financing, supply chain strengthening, HRH, and PFM within the context of county health systems is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Office, PowerPoint is required. Proficiency in another MS Office suite is desirable.
- Experience in data analytics software e.g., Stata, EpiInfo, SPSS is desirable,
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong writer with an established track record of preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations.
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31st August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.