Program Manager, Affirming Rights Job at Natural Justice… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at the Natural Justice.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Work with the Hub Director and Natural Justice’s Director of Programs to develop the organization’s overall program strategy
- Provide technical and legal advice to partners, affected communities and other relevant stakeholders
- Provide comments and training on laws, policies and processes that impact communities’ rights and access to land and the environment
- Respond to inquiries of partners and relevant stakeholders
- Deliver presentations, and organize and conduct workshops/meetings
- Identify and engage with key policy issues and key collaborators
- Provide comments and make submissions on relevant law and policy
- Develop and implement a strategic advocacy policy for Affirming Rights
- With the other Hub Program Managers, oversee the paralegal projects and provide direct advice and assistance
- Develop and deliver community training on laws and legal empowerment methodologies
- Develop, improve and implement legal empowerment approaches
- With the research team, develop the program’s research, monitoring, evaluation and learning tools
- Guide the research team to conduct relevant desktop and field research
- Write collaborative research reports, concept documents, academic papers, and organizational reports.
- Share research findings with stakeholders and at relevant national and international fora
- Work with Natural Justice’s Affirming Rights team to lead strategy planning and progress meetings, and facilitate updates and learnings from across the region
- Provide oversight and support to the Hub’s program team, fellows, CELOs, and paralegals concerning program activities and deliverables
- Assist the Hub Director and Director of Programs to identify funding sources, prepare preparing grant applications, and develop and manage relationships with funders
- Submit updates and reports on projects and programs to the Hub Director
- Participate in regular program meetings of the Hub and Natural Justice
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Laws degree with at least five years of demonstrated work expertise in environmental law, including natural resource and/or land law, and administrative law
- A post-graduate degree in law, political science or other relevant social science discipline is desirable
- Understanding of and proficiency in regional legal systems and institutional arrangements.
- Experience in conducting fieldwork and working with marginalized communities
- Experience communicating complex legal issues in an accessible way to communities
- Experience relating research or project experiences to policy advocacy
- Experience conducting primary and/or desktop research and preparing clear and analytical reports (with proof of published work)
- Experience writing applications and reporting to donors
- Program management experience, including budgeting, project planning, contract drafting, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in managing and supervising teams
- An understanding of and experience in the socio-political environment and civil society work in the region
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents motivation letter (that indicates why you are interested in this position and what inspires you about environmental justice, and aspects of your background that demonstrate the required competence for this role),Two samples of your past written work (either excerpts or complete copies of, for example, articles, research reports or legal briefs) no longer than ten pages each and Application to [email protected]
Use Application for the position of Program Manager – Affirming Rights as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.