Program Officer – Integrated Family Health Program (Kisumu) at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK)… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
CHAK’s constitution provides for membership to Protestant churches’ health facilities and community-based health programmes provided their services are not for profit. Mission To facilitate member health units in their provision of quality healthcare services through advocacy, health systems strengthening, networking and innovative health programme
CHAK’s model of ‘Integrated Family Health Program’ (IFHP)has grown over the last few years and its impact on the health of the Kenyan communities is demonstrable. The goal of this program is to create awareness and education, improve access to prevention, screening, and care and treatment for non-communicable and communicable diseases. In NCDs special emphasis is placed on Diabetes, Hypertension, Sickle Cell Disease, Malaria, Childhood Pneumonia, Epilepsy, Breast Cancer and some of their complications such as Heart Failure and Diabetes Eye Disease in the general population. To scale up this program to new communities, CHAK is seeking a qualified and motivated Program Officer – IFHP, to be based in Kisumu or in one of the CHAK member units in Nyanza region. The position reports to the NCD Programs Coordinator.
Key duties and responsibilities include and not limited to:-
- Offering technical guidance to the implementing health facilities on health promotion activities to prevent and reduce the risk factors for the focus diseases in the community and conducting screening camps.
- Organizing training programs for different cadres of health care providers.
- Training and supporting community health facilitators/workers and health care providers in implementation of the project’s activities such as health promotion activities, screening, referral and linkage.
- Supporting and backstopping education and screening data collection and reporting
- Organizing health facility level data review and data quality audit meetings in collaboration with the M& E officer.
- Collaborating with the M&E officer in preparing program implementation plans
- Collaborating with the county community strategy focal point persons and conduct joint support supervision for program with county teams.
- Preparing and submitting quarterly progress reports to CHAK and relevant stakeholders.
- Representing CHAK in conferences / workshops/ meetings, at county and sub county level.
- University Degree in Public Health, Health Sciences or Social Sciences from a recognized institution with at least two years of community health programmes.
- Working knowledge of NCD programmes is an added advantage.
- At least three years experience demonstrated experience in Health programming.
- A self-driven personality, able to work with minimum supervision and with a high level of integrity.
- Demonstrable experience in working with county health structures and deep knowledge on the MoH data collection systems, data analysis, surveillance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches and solutions to problems and with skills on instructional, supervisory and leadership.
- Computer proficiency in MS tools, managing database using different software is an added advantage.
- Excellent training & facilitation skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected] and a copy to [email protected]
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 5 November. 2021
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.