Programme Officer Job at Aga Khan Foundation… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Aga Khan Foundation.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a private, not-for-profit international development agency, which was founded in 1967 by Prince Shah Karim Al Hussaini, Aga Khan IV. AKF seeks to provide long-term solutions to problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy and ill health in the poorest parts of South and Central Asia, Eastern and Western Africa, and the Middle East.
- Lead the direct delivery of all Schools2030 activities at the district level with partner schools and youth partners. A core deliverable will be implementing a Human Centred Design processes with all partner schools, including workshops, school-based support, school network support, and effective use of flexible innovation response funds;
- Ensure all aspects of the project cycle are delivered with quality and contribute to the development of workplans, budgets, and activity and narrative reports;
- Provide project information and feedback to communicate progress, challenges, learning, and upcoming priorities and workplans to the Schools2030 Coordinator;
- Ensure all project funds you are responsible for are fully accounted for and liquidation is done in a timely manner to enable timely reporting;
- Ensure all project delivery and processes comply and promote with AKF’s gender and social inclusion and child and community safeguarding policies;
- Be the main point of contact for schools2030 at the district level;
- Engage and coordinate principle partners and stakeholders at district level to ensure collaborative delivery of project activities;
- Work with education actors to strengthen the education ecosystem connections and networks at the district level;
- Lead on the effective collection and management of data at the school and District level
- Ensure project learning is effectively communicated through the internal and external feedback loops and that principle partners have access to and understand the learning;
- Effectively engage in internal AKF learning opportunities to develop professional and technical understanding of education and Human Centred Design.
Key qualifications and experience
- BA in Education, Sociology, Business Administration or related field;
- Proven experience of working in social programming with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in education programming and international development;
- Experience collaborating with government and non-government partners as well as schools, children, teachers and young people;
- Strong understanding of the Kenyan education system and emerging technologies in the education and development sector;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks for education programmes with experience in data collection methods;
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 8th August 2022.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.