Project Manager Job at International Alert… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at International Alert.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Lead the planning and management of the ‘Enabling the Business and Human Rights Agenda in Conflict-Affected Settings in Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia’ project and oversee the coordination and implementation of activities.
- Engage with project participants and partner organisations periodically to ensure that activities meet participants’ needs, project objectivities and the key activities are taking place as planned.
- Engage with key government and non-government interlocutors, including donors, companies and peacebuilding agencies.
- Manage and monitor budget in the administration of financial tasks relating to project implementation, including preparation of money transfers, cash requests, processing of invoices and donor financial reporting.
- Coordinate with the Finance team in managing budgets and producing financial reporting to donors and government, ensuring compliance with any donor requirements, policies and procedures of Alert and the audit requirements.
- Create and maintain a project filing system, and ensure effective documentation including recording, documentation, and filing of project activities, M&E data, and internal and external project meetings.
- Overseeing the management of other Alert Kenya projects in consultation with the Country Director.
Staff, Consultant and Project Management
- Line manage, support and undertake performance management of the Senior Project Officers, Project officers and M&E Officer including work planning
- Take the lead in the management of external consultants, draft TORs, monitor progress of deliverables and provide feedback as necessary, and ensure that the work of the consultants is consistent with the overall project implementation plan
Project Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Oversee the development of a monitoring and evaluation plan and appropriate M&E tools and ensure adoption of the tools to measure the progress.
- Coordinate the collection of relevant information from partners and staff to feed into the monitoring and evaluation of the project and work on drafting as well as finalizing donor reports and project completion reports, including financial reports, in coordination with the Programme Development and Assessment Manager
- Lead development of research methodologies including context analysis and other research processes and provide a strategic lead for possible adaptation responding to the contextual analysis and changes.
- Lead regular reflection/review meetings, production and dissemination of high-quality project outputs, publications, and communications materials and disseminate lessons and findings internally and externally.
- Contribute to team-wide communications and knowledge management, and participate in organisation-wide events and discussions on related topics/projects
Support Alert communications and programme development in Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia
- Collaborate with project staff and London-based colleagues to develop innovative project ideas and help to translate these ideas into coherent project proposals;
- Work with the Country Director and Senior Regional Programme Officer to devise an effective fundraising strategy for life beyond the project and liaise with key donors as appropriate to identify opportunities for expansion.
- Coordinate contacts and networks within government and policymakers at the county and national with the aim of identifying potential risks and mitigation measures ensuring effective implementation of the project.
- Represent Alert and present the main findings of its work to relevant stakeholders (NGOs, donors, conferences, etc.)
Contribute to Alert’s strategic development and processes in the Horn
- Contribute to Alert’s regional and country strategy development and implementation.
- Contribute and develop ideas for new projects, building upon the impact achieved by existing projects.
- Any other tasks as may be reasonably required
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.