Protection Interpreter Job at International Committee of the Red Cross… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at the International Committee of the Red Cross.
- Supports oral interpretation from Somali to English, and English to Somali during confidential interviews in places of detention and prisons, ICRC dissemination and activities related to the restoration of family links, and protection of the civilian population.
- Supports the department in gathering, analyzing, and processing key protection-related information from public sources.
- Translates correspondence, newspapers articles, and other essential documents from Somali to English and vice versa.
- Assists in the preparation of dissemination material adapted to the Somali context.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Linguistics.
- 4 years experience in a similar field in a Humanitarian organization.
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law (IHL)/ International Human Rights Law (IHRL) is an asset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to [email protected]
Note: Use the title of the position as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 9th December 2021.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.