Psychosocial Counselor Job at Kituo Cha Sheria… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Kituo Cha Sheria.
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links are affiliate links.
Looking for something new? Why not check out Amazon? They've got a huge selection of products to choose from. Happy shopping! Go to Amazon
- Develop and deliver a long-term community capacity-building approach to strengthen existing mental health psychosocial support and peace-building structures in communities in the areas of intervention.
- Participate in the review and development of strategies, Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) and technical guidelines within the Mental Health Psychosocial Support program (MHPSS).
- Participate in policy and procedure development within the MHPSS program and FMP team at large within Kituo.
- Support the legal and administration team both at FMP, Head office and Mombasa office to effectively identify and deal with burn out and vicarious trauma, and effectively utilize organizational funding to address these through targeted trainings and other innovative activities.
- Train and educate staff on trauma-related topics by identifying learning need and developing unique educational content.
- Participate and lead awareness creation forums such as sensitization forums for refugees and key stakeholders on areas of refugee mental health and general protection.
- Contribute and take part in program monitoring and measuring systems that may be put in place.
- Comply and adhere to the organization’s policies and procedures as well as confidentiality policy.
- Strengthen effective communication, problem-solving skills and conflict resolution within the FMP and at the larger Kituo team.
- Provide extensive and comprehensive programmes and assessments for stress management, depression, anxiety, bipolar management, and other mental illnesses.
- Program development including proposal and report writing and financial monitoring
- Advocacy & Networking through attending to MHPSS working group, peace building working group and other assigned working groups within the urban refugee context.
- Support other Kituo programs by providing MHPSS trainings during their activities upon request.
- Commit to attend supervision sessions when provided for by the organization
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and in line with Kituo’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Master degree in Clinical, community or Counseling Psychology or Bachelor degree/similar qualification with strong proven knowledge and experience in providing technical support to MHPSS programs.
- 3 years of professional experience in working with survivors of war, political violence and torture, preferably in a NGO context.
- Previous experience working in a project linking mental health and peace building will be a strong asset
- Experience in the participatory development of community-based programs.
- Very good command of Kiswahili and English, oral and written.
- Knowledge of refugee-related (legal) issues is an advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal & intercultural skills.
- Registered with the Kenya Counselling and Psychological Association or any other recognized body in Kenya
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.