Regional WASH Technical Advisor Job at Save the Children… See details on how to apply for the opportunities available at Save the Children.
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
- Master’s degree in public health, health related disciplines, water engineering or equivalent post-graduate qualification.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS;
- At least 7 years’ experience of delivering high quality WASH programmes with experience in humanitarian preparedness and response.
- Understanding of the development/humanitarian WASH and public health sector in East and Southern Africa region.
- Excellent knowledge of theories and practices related to integration of WASH, including health promotion and disease prevention, community-based health interventions and school water and sanitation.
- Knowledge of global health issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current trends, methods, approaches, policies and strategies to address national and global health issues, using WASH approaches in the context of conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
- Experience of strategy development and planning to develop multi-year, multi-stakeholder public health programmes for both development and humanitarian settings.
- Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to realise children’s rights.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for children. Leverages evidence in advocacy work with donors and governments on policies and responses to structural drivers
- Experience of promoting quality and impact while incorporating gender equality and inclusion, resilience and safe programming.
- Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Track record in successful business development/fundraising with major institutional donors and UN agencies, in both development and humanitarian settings.
- Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring with proven experience in facilitating presentations, webinars and multi-day training events.
- Proven ability to influence positive outcomes when not managing staff or programmes directly.
- Experience working in East and Southern Africa, and facilitating cross-cultural teams.
- Experience in first wave humanitarian response, including multi-sector assessments and health response strategies.
- Ability to programme with gender transformation lens.
Leonel has been Teacher at Alliant International University since 2013. He began to write about admission details at Course Discovery.